Thursday, August 20, 2009

Looking back

I was driving home from college station, TX on the one year anniversary of my transfer.  That was the 15th.  And now coming up on the one year anniversary of my first positive home pregnancy test! I am sure most people don't remember the day they peed on a stick...but I sure do! I'll never forget that whole day!

I took in the neighborhood of 15 tests over the course of the next few weeks.  Two a day at first, then I stopped for a while.  Then before my 6 week, 2 day ultrasound, I took another few.  I have all those early ultrasounds on my computer and almost put them here just now, but it makes me sad to look at them.  When we fist saw I was having twins, they both looked so great.  I honestly don't even know which one is Paige.  It is so strange to me that I could have two babies here right now! As time went on, the second baby didn't grow as fast as Paige, and finally at around 10 weeks, its heart stopped beating.  This sounds stupid, but sometimes I think that baby will come back to us someday.  I don't know.  Sometimes I believe that and sometimes I don't.

Goodness - this wasn't supposed to be a sad post! How could I be sad?

Paige likes to be turned around in her Bjorn!


My aunt's dog is much bigger than Spike and Beefy!
I love my exersaucer!

Getting ready to go swimming in Dallas!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous wee girl you have. If you have problems transitioning from swaddle check this out
http://www.pekemoe.co.nz - worked great with our LO!
:)