Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wow - 4 moths old?


Happy girl!
We had some family portraits done in College Station with David's family.  This is the one we picked to purchase.  I liked it better than the one below because Paige is smiling.  But it wad down to these two.
Cute that she is looking at the camera, but I am a sucker for her sweet smile.  That won out in the end.


Goofy girl!


We had a white themed party at our house last weekend.  It was a blast! Speaking of that - Paige spent the night at her grandparents that night!!! It went very well.  I was upset when my dad drove her away, but champagne and club specials helped me out there and I ended up having a great night! We picked her up bright and early and I got plenty of snuggles in.
Fascinated with her hands.  They are always in her mouth.
Watching Entourage with daddy.  I hate that show.
Daycare center Michelle and I set up! Ha! We got to lay out and watch BH 90210 (the original - re runs on soap.net) outside while the babies played in their little stations we set up!
Napping babies at the pool

I love this girl.
My doll baby


I have a full-fledged four month old baby.  How is this possible?  She is still without a doubt the light of my life.  She constantly amazes me.  Here are the things my four month old is doing:

Rolling over both ways
Smiling and laughing non-stop
Putting everything - hands, feet, toys, her shirt - in her mouth
Speaking of feet, she just discovered them! Yesterday in fact! She likes to grab them and explore

She is doing much better with eating too.  She is now eating around 26-28 ounces a day, which is a drastic improvement from just a week ago.  I give her Mylecon at almost every feeding and I think that helps her.  I also have just accepted the fact that she is on her own schedule.  She absolutely will only eat when she wants to.  If that means she has 11 ounces during the day, then from the hours of 5-10:30, she wants to chug every 30 minutes, so be it.  I tried desperately to get her on that elusive 3 hours schedule like other babies, but it just isn't what Paige wants to do.  

We have had many more fun play dates with Ethan.  Ethan sets the bar for me on what Paige will be doing in 5 weeks.  He is a rolling machine! It makes me nervous that Paige will be doing that in the not-so-distant future.  We are entering the days of "wow - you really have to keep your eyes on them AT ALL TIMES!!"

We had dinner at Gerod and Callie's last night.  So much fun! Gerod is such a great dad and had Paige just cracking up.  It was so cute to watch.  Their 2 year old Gibson is so funny too.  At 8:30 on the dot, Gerod said, "night nigh!" And Gibson took of for his room and crawled in his little toddler bed and went right to sleep.  I'm not even kidding.  David and I talked about that the whole way home.  We were like - we have got to get Paige to do that! Ha!

We are about to enter football season, which I have mixed feelings about.  I love OU football, but I'm not sure I am ready to lose my husband every Saturday to drunken tailgate parties.  But I certainly don't have a choice in the matter, so I guess I need to just deal with it now so it doesn't ruin my fall.  Boomer!!!

1 comment:

Callie & Gerod said...

We had a blast with you guys last night. It is definitely fun being around other parents! :) And Paige is just adorable... I cant wait for Chad to start babbling like she does, so precious! We need to get together again sometime.