Sunday, August 2, 2009

It has been a year?!

If you don't like these sappy, looking-back type posts, then stay away for about a month!  One year ago today, I started stimming for IVF.  For those infertility lingo challenged among us, that means I started giving myself the daily injections that would grow eggs.  This was also the day of Miranda's bachelorette party...so I brought my Follistim pen and Lupron and needles downtown with me! Ha! I was so excited.  After a summer of waiting, testing, and sending payments in (uggh), I was finally starting!

I cleaned out my closet and kitchen pantries the other day, and happened to find my Follistim pen! I couldn't bring myself to throw it out, even though if I were to need IVF again they would send me another.  I guess I just want to make sure I never forget how much I wanted Paige and how hard I had to work to get her.

No comments: