Thursday, February 18, 2010

IVF #2 update

You might be wondering why I haven't updated on IVF #2. Well to be honest, I haven't had many good things to report. Things - yes. Good things? No.

Well I'll back up...one good thing. My mock transfer went well. It was more painful than last time (I think - it has been almost two years!), but it went smoothly and everything looks good.

There have been some serious problems with my blood work. Some issues have since been resolved, some haven't. Problems that if aren't resolved, I can't go ahead with the cycle. I decided to not order all my meds. No sense in ordering thousands of dollars in drugs if I can't use them. I only ordered Lupron, because I am supposed to start that Sunday! Hopefully I will know by Monday at the latest if everything is okay. If so, then I can order my meds.

They do a mock IVF work-up on the male, just so they will know what they are dealing with on the actual day. This did not go well. We have to repeat this test next week.

Even the pharmacy I was using for my Lupron was giving me trouble. They were trying to charge me about $100 more than I knew I owed. I had to go to another pharmacy that was more friendly with Blue Cross Blue Shield. I spent all afternoon yesterday on the phone with doctors, reps from the Oklahoma Blood Institute, pharmacists, receptionists. Uggggh.

I ended up in tears on the phone with David (he is very used to this, don't worry!!). I just didn't feel good about the way this was going. I felt like it was a sign that I should wait and try again in a few months. He did not like that at all, and is pretty adamant that we continue. He is right. There are always going to be obstacles. Nothing having to do with IVF is easy and you always have to be prepared for the curve ball. Well I wasn't prepared. I was so naive. But all you can do is pick yourself up and keep going. I think, with some persistence and good luck, this is going to happen after all.

No comments: