Sunday, February 14, 2010

Blogger Award!

Thanks to Duke'sgirl for nominating me for this award! Rebekah pretty much defines perseverance in the infertility game. After a miscarriage after IVF #1, she kept on going with three (I believe that is right?) frozen transfers before she got her sticky baby. And what an adorable baby she got! Check out her blog to see what sticking with it through all the ups and downs can get you!

The RULES:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Copy the award and paste it to your blog.
3. Tell us 7 interesting facts about yourself.
4. Nominate fellow bloggers that you love and link up to their blog:

7 Facts about me:

1. I lived in Alaska for a year while my dad was working there. I liked it, but I hated moving in the middle of high school

2. I write with my right hand, but do everything else with my left hand.

3. I did competitive gymnastics all the way up to level 10 (second highest). I can still do the splits ; )

4. I love re-runs. I could watch the same TV show over and over again and not get bored with it. My favorites are: The Office, Grey's Anatomy, Beverly Hills, 90210, FRIENDS, Sex and the City, Gilmore Girls. I literally have seen every episode shown several times.

5. When I put deodorant on, I count how many strokes I do on each arm. I do 5 per arm.

6. I like to dip my cheeze-its in ketchup or bbq sauce. It really grosses my husband out.

7. Right now, I am taking 7 pills a day to get my body ready for IVF. 3 metformins, 1 birth control pill, 1 norethindrone (extra progesterone for suppression), 1 prenatal vitamin, 1 DHEA for egg quality.

I nominate Allison , Callie , Michelle , and Jamie

4 comments:

Tabitha said...

This is my 4th cycle, and I just started taking DHEA, too! I asked my RE what he thought about it and he said he is in the camp "don't like it", but I'm continuing to take it until he gives me a good reason why I shouldn't. How many Mg are you taking a day?

Megan and David said...

I am taking 50 mg. My RE was like - well you are young so I don't think you need it, but I had such crappy quality (with the exception of 1 wonderful egg!) with my first cycle, that he said it wouldn't hurt anything. GOOD LUCK!!! When do you start stimming?

Rebekah said...

Thanks for the sweet compliment! Yes, it was my 3rd FET that was the charm :)

I'm loving the new pictures of Paige!! She's such a doll!

Tabitha said...

Thanks for the info on the DHEA, we are still trying to decide when to cycle. It will either be in May or in July, because there is no June cycle, and I want to give my body at least 3 months on the new vitamins (CoQ10 & DHEA) to make sure everything sinks in...I'm praying for you and your next cycle!