Sunday, July 13, 2008

I am going to get in to this blogging thing...because of peer pressure, I guess...

It seems that every infertile person I know has a blog. Why is that? Is it to connect with other infertiles? Is it just to get their thoughts out there? I don't really know, but it can't hurt. I am not even sure if any person wille very read this, but I guess that isn't really the point.

My sister-in law (brother's wife) delivered their perfect baby girl yesterday. I though I would be sad when I went to the hospital, but really, I wasn't. I was thrilled. She is beautiful. I had tears of joy seeing her and the happy parents. I hope they know how lucky they are. They wanted to get pregnant, had sex, and nine months later they delivered their baby girl. What a concept! If you would have told me a year ago that when Hayley delivered her baby, I wouldn't even be pregnant, I would have bet you one million dollars. Seriously. But alas, I am starting Lupron for my first IVF cycle. WTF.

I keep telling myself that if I don't get pregant, it will be fine, because I have this great fall planned, and I will be able to really enjoy it if I am know knocked up. We are going to San Diego the first weekend in September, then Seattle the next, the of course with OU football season, we have all those games, OU vs. Texas, Big XII championship, then we go to Vegas every New Years, then I figured we would try again in January.

But I don't want to have fun weekend trips and drunken tailgate parties and crazy Vegas nights. I want a family.

No comments: