Friday, July 18, 2008

Schools ouf for summer...Schools out for-ever

Or is it? Lately I have been thinking I want to go back to school. No, I’m not crazy, I am just not crazy about my job. I love my company, the people I work with, and I couldn’t ask for a better boss…but it is the actual job that I have that I don’t like. I am not interested in it, I don’t feel like I am doing anything meaningful, or at least not meaningful to me. I help geologists make maps and load data so they can find oil and gas. Important? Yes. Relevant? Yes. But meaningful to me? Not really.
So I am in the oil and gas business, and let me just say that business is good. Why would I quit this great company with all the benefits? Because I am not passionate about my job.

Here is the problem: What the hell am I going to study? I really don’t know what I want to be? My favorite classes in college were history, communications, sociology, and psychology. I do have a degree already, so maybe I can go back and get my masters? But in what? THAT, my friends, is the question of the day. What do I want to be when I grow up?

No comments: