Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back from the Big D

I use this as my online journal, to talk about my thoughts. I realized on the way home from Dallas today, that I really have a lot to talk about today. First, OU lost. (this was the annual OU vs Texas weekend, if you have been living under a rock and didn't know). The economy is shitty. I miscarried a twin, and spend 95% of my waking moments worrying about the one we still have. My husband didn't even get to come with us this weekend because he had to work.

But I am not going to talk about all those things. I am going to talk about how blessed I am! I got to spend a weekend with my family and some of my great friends, who would do anything for me! I got to spend some time alone with my parents, which I haven't done in a while! It was nice. I got to come home to my beautiful house that we custom built. I get to be very proud of my husband who works hard to provide for his family. I got to go to an exciting football game, which was way worth the price to get in. It was very entertaining, even though my school lost. We still had a great afternoon. And I am pregnant. I got to listen to my baby's heart beating whenever I felt like checking it. Yes, I rented a Doppler, and it was the right choice for me! Baby Griffith was hovering around 176-180 every time I found it.

I have a very enviable life, and I know we must go through hard times to appreciate the good times. I am blessed beyond all belief.

No comments: