Thursday, October 2, 2008

No real updates yet.

I had my first OB appointment. Good news: we really like her. She was laid-back, to the point, yet didn’t talk down to us or make us feel rushed at all. She is well informed about my reproductive history, so she know we are more anxious than the average first –time parents-to-be. The ultrasound tech wasn’t in that day, so they are having me come back Monday to take a peek at the babies. I am excited, but not terribly nervous. I have a strange sense of calm about me these days. Whatever will be, will be. Que Sera, Sera. Or whatever.

Bad news: the friend I mentioned before, the one who got pregnant, has suffered a miscarriage. I feel so badly for them. This was not a planned thing by any means, but she was thrilled to be pregnant, and only got to hold on to that feeling for a week. She feels silly for being so upset, since they weren’t planning on a baby for a while. I assured her she has every right to be completely upset. Life will go on, but this is still a huge loss. Even though they will go on to have children one day, nothing will ever take away from this little one that they lost. I am very, very sorry for them. Luckily for me, she is a great friend who is still over the moon excited for me. She walked with me through all my struggles. In fact, when she called me to tell me about her miscarriage, her first words were: “how was your appointment?” She wanted to know how it went first before she told me her news. I feel like too many people I care about have experienced pain when it comes to reproduction. I thought it was supposed to be a happy, exciting thing!

No exciting plans for us this weekend. I will update on Monday when I get back from the ultrasound!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hope everything looks great at your u/s on Monday!

Sorry to hear about your friend. It's always sad to hear about a miscarriage.