Tuesday, October 28, 2008

13 weeks

13 weeks today! I feel like this is a huge milestone. We had an ultrasound yesterday (I love being an IVF patient and getting ultrasounds every few weeks!), and sweet baby was bouncing all over the place. Would not sit still! It was so cute. Measuring right at 13 weeks – so a day ahead! When we had twins, both babies measured a few days behind. I guess there just weren’t enough resources to keep both babies growing strong.
We are so thankful for our healthy, growing baby.


She measured the back of the neck for me. Thick fluid behind the neck can be a marker for genetic disorders such as Down’s. Everything looked great! She was able to get several good angles and take a guess at the baby’s gender!! She guessed...GIRL!!!!!! Of course this is just a guess, and I know I should not get too attached to that idea, but I can’t help it! I am imagining my little baby Paige : ) Of course I would be thrilled if next time she tells me she was wrong. I am just so happy everything looked great.

For the first time, I actually believe I will have a baby this spring.
It is starting to get cold outside, and I told David on the way to work this morning, that by the time it starts to warm up, it will be time! I can’t believe it!

I am going to start taking belly pics soon. I guess I just don’t feel like I look pregnant at all. I know it is so early, so that is normal. I am gaining weight because I eat more and exercise less, but it isn’t in the form of a cute belly. Unless people grow babies in their thighs and hips. But as soon as I see a little bump coming out, I will bring out that camera!

No comments: