Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Paige

I think I have mentioned on here that the twins are in school 3 days a week, but I decided to drop Paige down to 2.  It is just really hitting me how fast time is going with her, and I want to enjoy her as much as I can this year before she enters pre-K 5 days/week.  We had our first official mommy/Paige day.  We went to the gym (I can't skip that - those who know me know that!), met daddy for lunch, then went and spent almost 2 hours at the park!  It was great to be able to run around and play with her without worrying about 2 little twin boys.  

Of course I had my camera with me...














We had the park to ourselves for the most part, which was awesome!  We played several rounds of hide-and-go-seek.  Paige is great at covering her eyes, counting, and coming to find me.  But when it is her turn to go hide, she finds a spot - and when I come looking for her, she shouts, "HERE I AM MOMMY!"  Then when I find her, she acts surprised and says, "I need to pick a better spot next time."  Cutest thing.  I would have never imagined what fun I would have playing hide-and-go-seek with a 3 year old.  She is such a bright light - you can't help but smile when you are with her.

We are starting to see some real personality come out in her.  She is not oppositional.  I mean, to a certain degree she is - she is 3 after all.  But she has a huge desire to please us.  She follows directions well, and she is absolutely heartbroken when she is admonished at all.  It makes me feel so guilty when we ever get on to her, since she is overall such a good girl.  We can tell she is going to be a people pleaser, which is good in some ways.  I know we will need to make sure to praise her often, keep her self-esteem high.  She seems to get down on herself when she thinks she is in trouble.  I hate to think of someone taking advantage of her kindness and desire to make others happy.  Good thing she is told how wonderful she is on a VERY regular basis around here : )  She came out of her room after her bath the other day and said, "daddy, I am the most beautiful girl in the world."  So I'm guessing we tell her how amazing she is enough : )

I just love her.  She makes David and I so happy.

No comments: