Tuesday, April 21, 2009

38 week appointment

Goodness, this was a long one!  Weight - now up 25 pounds for the pregnancy. Blood pressure creeping up - 120/70.  I guess that is normal for late pregnancy.  Had an internal:  2cm dilated, 50% effaced.  This means baby could come at any time, or she might wait until her scheduled induction.  I hope she surprises up a little early, but I'm not sure that she will.  I had my non-stress test (NST), which is where they hook you up to the fetal monitors, and Paige was sleeping through it, so they made me drink a coke and try it again.  She woke up and did fine the second time.  I have another NST on Thursday, then on Monday.  Then induction on Wednesday! Holy crap! Is this really happening!?  I love the special treatment I get at my OB's office.  One of the perks of being a crazy, neurotic IVF patient.  

First week not working:  going well! I have discovered that Saved by the Bell is on every morning on TBS.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm SO excited for you!! I am also an IVF girl and am due just four weeks after you (my husband and I live in Dallas). I've been following your story for a long time and it's been such an encouragement to me! I can't believe that Paige is almost here and that you are so close to finally meeting your little girl! Take good care of yourself and may God bless this sweet time in your life!! :)

Anonymous said...

OK- Don't think I'm an odd lurker but I'll have to tell you that I've been following your blog since your were on TTTC last summer. I started my first ivf right after you and stuck to your blog since we're the same age. My first IVF was a DISASTER-the second was an improvement but not a winner so I'm on Lupron now for my 3rd cycle at a new very reputable clinic. I'm so happy for you and I bet you'll make a wonderful mom. Hopefully, I'll have success soon too and if I ever blog about it then I'll pass you my info! Best wishes for a safe delivery!

Stacy said...

I came across your blog from The Bump. So excited to see what happens in the next days/weeks! Can't wait to see photos of Paige!