Thursday, July 23, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

First: pictures!!
Juicy outfit for the plane!

View from our pool

We had our own butler! It was nuts!! We would order dinner and he would set it up outside by the pool for us : )  Back to reality now...
Paige spent most of the time in her Bjorn.  She still loves it and I am obsessed with wearing her.  I love how calm she is in it and I know she loves being near me.
Paige's first ride on a horse! Got to love the decor in hotel rooms
Not funny for people with gambling addictions...but this cracks me up.  Paige is reading about "when the fun stops." 
My beauty queen.

Okay:  on to our feeding issues.  We still have them.  Paige hates to eat.  She fights and fights it.  You know how some babies get "tongue tied" with nursing?  Well Paige does that with the bottle as well.  She acts like she is being tortured.  She is a 3 month old who takes a maximum of 2 ounces at a time.  I have tried all kinds of things:  Gripe water, gas drops, changing formulas (I already quit breastfeeding because of this), but nothing proved to be a long-term solution to our issues.  Things would look up for a day or two, then we would go back to our same old routine.

I feel like we have made some progress as of today though (I know I have said this before, but I digress...).  I have been feeding Paige the Similac in the orange container.  One of the sensitive brands.  She has eaten wonderfully with very little fussing! And I haven't had to give her any gas drops!!! YAY!!! I'll pray that this continues.  

Vegas was a BLAST!! I'll save that for another day.  Having a three month old keeps my pretty busy!

1 comment:

Mere said...

Hey there - this is MereD19 from the nest. I've been reading your blog for awhile. My daughter is 6.5 months old and we've had awful feeding issues too. This started when she was about 2 months, and still going strong. I don't have any advice for you b/c I'm still trying to figure it out, but just wanted to let you know that you are definitely not alone!!!