Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fun times!

We had the Frasiers and the Pittards over for dinner last night. It was so much fun - except I learned the hard way that cold meds taken all day plus 2.5 glasses of red wine don't mix : ( I know they say on the package to not mix with alcohol. But I figured, as long as I don't have too much, I should be fine! I was wrong. And considering the fact that I hardly ate anything all day, I'm sure it was just too much for my little tummy.

I felt AWFUL last night starting around 1 AM. Sheesh! I am sure glad Paige is going to the grandparents tonight so momma can have a night off and get some sleep!

But I did wake up to a wonderful surprise this morning...drumroll...

Paige got her first two teeth!!! I figured that she had been teething for weeks, and those two little things finally popped through. She looks adorable. She seemed to be having some discomfort this morning, so I gave her some Tylenol and orajel, and she went down for a nap. Sweet little baby!

It is just amazing to me how fast time is passing. I have this kid who crawls, laughs, plays with other kids, stands, babbles, eats food, and now has teeth. I just want to press pause for a little while. I am trying so hard to cherish this time. I take my time when I rock her to sleep, and fight the urge to wish she would fall asleep faster. I know these days will be over far too quickly.

Being Paige's mom is the greatest pleasure of my life.

1 comment:

The Frasiers said...

We had such a fun weekend with you guys!!! I love Paiges new teeth!