Monday, January 25, 2010

Can't think of a title!

I started taking metformin again. Again. I started back in September in hopes of regulating my cycles. When it didn't, I just quit. It sucks. First of all, you have to eat with it. I am supposed to take it three times a day. I know, I know, I should eat three times a day - but I just don't. I am at the gym by 9 for my group class and there is no way I have time to eat before then! It is normally at least 12 before I sit down and get something to eat. And if you take it without food...watch out! I will be hugging the toilet for at least an hour. Not exaggerating on this.

Anyway - all of this got me thinking last night about just how much I sacrifice. Well all moms in general...but I was really just thinking about myself : )

I have to prepare my body for months to get pregnant. We want to get pregnant this summer, and yes, I am starting now. I have to. I have to have metformin in my system. I have to be on birth control pills for at least 6 weeks. I have to have another HSG (for the non infertiles of the bunch, this is a pretty painful test that checks your uterus and fallopian tubes. You lay on a table, and through a catheter in your vajayjay, the doctor inserts dye and watches, via X-Ray, it pass through your body. It checks the shape of your uterus and if your tubes are open). I have to have another mock transfer. I have to have cycle day 3 blood work. I have to go to OBI and be tested for AIDS. This is all before the actual IVF cycle starts!

I am being sluggish on making all these appointments and taking my metformin, so it looks like we will start later than I had hoped. But I know that God has His hand in everything, and it is all going to work out in the end.

I just can't believe that we are going down this path again. My excitement is still there, don't get me wrong, but some of the old familiar feelings are creeping back.

Whew! I actually feel better getting all that out. I think typing it out makes me realize how stupid it is for me to complain. We are so lucky to be able to do this. I don't forget that for a second.

In Paige news:
She is cruising now! She loves to pull up on our ottoman and go back and forth on it. She is a crawling machine. She is obsessed with the dog bowls and we are starting to tell her 'no'. She just smiles and goes right back to the dog bowl. Eating is going very well. She eats table foods with ease. Her favorites right now are: grilled cheese, mac n cheese, chicken, yogurt melts, carrots, bananas, and scrambled eggs. We break everything up into little bites and she enjoying feeding herself. She also loves water from her sippy cup. Seriously - she acts like water is the biggest treat in the world! It is so funny! She babbles all the time now. I feel like she is really thriving and am excited for our nine month check up on Wednesday. I hope the doc confirms my assessment that she is doing very well : )

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Callie & Gerod said...

Well I for one think you have every right to feel the way you feel. It doesnt seem fair that its so hard for you guys to go through what should be a fairly easy process. I just hope and pray that you will get through it and before you know it you can have another little baby. Just know people are pulling for you and if you ever need to talk, vent, cry or anything else... I am here for you!

Jeremy and Allison Hess said...

hey girl...praying for you guys. I saw on TV how the HSG works, sorry its so painful.
cute update on Paige!