Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter


First, today is Paige's second birthday. I am going to do a big post on my 2 year old girl, but I'm not up for it today. Every time I talk about it, I start crying! It is crazy! I think it is really hitting me just how fast all this parenting stuff is going.

My daughter has been on this earth for 2 years!

I decided to bake her a cake from scratch for her little family party tonight.
It's the thought that counts, right? LOL

I'll let you know if it tastes any good.

My mom and dad took us all to the their country club this morning for an Easter egg hunt, petting zoo, and brunch.



Paige loves my niece, Ava. We laugh and say that Paige is on, "Ava alert." Meaning, she must know where Ava is at all times. If Ava gets out of her sight, she starts calling for her and looking frantically.

I love these two. Paige is such a daddy's girl. If I didn't have two baby boys who loved their momma, I might be annoyed that Paige has such an obvious preference for her dad right now. I think it is only natural for the older child to favor their dad when new baby(ies) come home. And she is lucky that her daddy loves her right back.



We loved hunting for eggs! They broke the hunts up in groups. 0-2, 3-5, 6+. Paige didn't fit well in any of the groups. She was too big for the 0-2, but we didn't want her getting trampled by the 5 year olds. So we stuck her with the little kids. She had fun!



While she might be favoring her daddy right now, she still loves her momma.
She knows her takes care of her all day : )



LOL!








Tonight, my parents are coming over to babysit so David and I can go out to dinner and watch the Thunder game at a bar.

Tomorrow, I'm pretty sure David has to go to the office. On Easter. I would be pissed if it surprised me at all. I was ranting about it at brunch, and my dad said, "Megan, be thankful." That is it. Just three words, and it was all I needed to hear. Dads have a way with advice. But he is right - I'm thankful my husband has a good job. I'm thankful he is willing to work hard to provide a blessed life for his wife and kids.

But still... ; )

No comments: