Monday, February 13, 2012

Snow! Running! School!

It was COLD this weekend, but I am committed to my goals with running, so I bundled up and hit the road. I am averaging well above 20 miles a week (more like 25), and just 1 mile away from half-marathon distance. I know I'll get there next weekend, and it is supposed to be sunny and in the 50s, so even better!

I told myself that if I can get to 20 by mid-March, I'll register for the full marathon in April.

We had a birthday party Saturday night for a cute little 2 year old girl, but the rest of the weekend was pretty boring. David had to work pretty much all weekend. And it was really cold. Then it snowed Sunday night and Monday morning, and I hoped that perhaps David would stay home from work. No such luck! The roads have actually been fine.

I took my little snow bunny out when the boys napped this morning.







Little pumpkin has gymnastics tonight with her daddy - so at least the bitter winter weather isn't getting in the way of her fun! : )

And tomorrow, I go register all three for mother's day out for the summer and fall sessions. It is so surreal that I will be dropping them off for someone else to care for in a few short months. I know this is the best thing for them. I know they need to get out of their comfort zone and be around other people. But I sure am going to miss my little side-kicks. Grocery shopping is going to feel odd without 2 babies sitting in front of the cart! And a huge plus, I decided to drop Paige down to just 2 days a week in the fall and am going to send the twins 3 days, so I get a day every week with just her. This time with her is so precious and I'm never going to get it back.

1 comment:

Sally said...

That's awesome! You are such an inspiration!