Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day 2012

David and I had a great day with the kids today.  I have said from day one of us being parents that David was the more natural parent of the two of us.  I feel like I have to read books, google things, call the pediatrician, ask other parents, etc...and David just knows what to do.  He is great with the kids and they are crazy about him.  Pretty glad I decided to procreate with this man : )

We did a little yard work this morning, followed by water table play.  Jack has yet another diaper rash.  We have tried pretty much every product out there, and the only thing that clears him up is naked time.  So sitting in a swim diaper is out of the question.





Beautiful girl.



During naps, David and I got to work out and sit out and get a little sun.  After the kids got up, we packed up the yukon and headed out to the lake to grill out with some friends.










love him.












We had a lovely weekend and are thankful, as always, for this beautiful life.

Now, if the Thunder can only win tonight, it will be PERFECT!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi, I have followed your blog for a while, your kids are beautiful! I just wanted to suggest something for the diaper rash, in case you haven't tried it! My daughter's pedi told me to put cherry liquid maalox on a cotton ball and rub it all over before applying desitin, and it worked great!

Megan and David said...

Awesome! Thanks so much for the tip! I will try it for sure and let you know how it goes.

Sarah said...

Hi Megan - this is 'sescms2004' from thebump :) Love reading your blog, as a fellow twin momma! I also wanted to send you another diaper rash suggestion, though i'm sure you've tried it all. My DS has had a few that no cream would cure. The one thing though that has always worked, and within hours, is pure lanolin. As in the purple tube Lansinoh. Just rub it between your fingers to soften it a bit, and rub it on. Worked like a charm for us when nothing else would. GL! Your LO's are so precous :)