Saturday, January 17, 2009

6 months pregnant

Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.

There really are no words to describe how I feel about being 6 months pregnant. Shock that this is still really happening, elated to have made it this far, sadness that I still have 3 months to go before meeting her...so I guess there are some words, just nothing really coherent!

We went to a friends birthday party last night and had a great time! It was a restaurant in town that I don't particularly love, but I actually liked what I got! All my friends were there and everyone was fascinated with my growing stomach! Which of course, I love and can't get enough of!

Paige is moving a lot. She normally wakes up at at 4 AM every morning and wakes me up with her kicks. I guess she is getting mommy ready for what life will be like when she is on the outside.

I can't wait!

1 comment:

Jeff and Kerry said...

Congrats on hitting the 6 month mark!!! What a milestone, huh?