Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm siiiiiick

And not about the Sooners loosing - although that makes me feel very sad. I started feeling pretty crummy last night during the game - sore throat, stuffy nose, groggy, etc...then I woke up this morning to a 100 degree fever, no ability to breathe through my nose, a pounding head, and a sore throat. When by much needed body pillow fell on the ground, I reached down to get it (with the lights off) and proceeded to smack my face on my nightstand. Now I have a swollen nose, some nice black marks under my eyes, snotty tissues everywhere...

I read that when you are pregnant, even the common cold will knock you out like this. Your body loses its ability to fight off infections easily because it doesn't want you to treat your baby as an infection. Or something like that. Either way, this absolutely sucks.

Uggghh!!! I just want today to be over. And to feel better tomorrow! I am supposed to go to a fitness thing up at work in the morning for 4 hours, then go to a friends 30th birthday party that night. So whatever this is, it needs to pass! I have started to feel a little better throughout the afternoon - I got up, started some laundry, cleaned the dishes from last night, and now I am on here. But I can start to feel the lightheadedness coming on, and I need to go take my temperature again. If my fever isn't below 100 by the end of the day, I need to call the doctor back. So back to bed for me...

At least this has distracted me from the sickness I will no doubt feel about my beloved Sooners losing. Again.

6 comments:

Callie & Gerod said...

I am telling you... you should really take some Tylenol Allergy. It really really helps. I was feeling the same way over the holidays and tried to "tough it out" and that is just silly. I promise you will feel better... and it is absolutely fine to take! :)
Sorry about the Sooners loss... I wish I actually cared who won or lost, but I just cant get excited about football... I never have been that into it! lol... Although I loved getting to hang out with everyone and it was a good excuse to munch on Cheese dip all night! lol!!
Hopefully you get to feeling better soon!

Callie & Gerod said...

By the way... thanks for bringing my hubby home last night. It was good to get home when I did, Gibson's head hit the pillow in his bed and he was out! lol!

Anonymous said...

Take it easy and I hope you get better soon. I myself (19 weeks pregnant) have been sick for most of the past week with a sore throat and cold, and on occasion took Tylenol to help ward off a fever. I have felt horrible, so I can completely feel for you!! Just take good care of yourself and your baby, first and foremost, even if it means canceling plans, etc. I hope you get better soon! And sorry about your Sooners, but I must admit I am a FL fan -- But you guys gave us a run for our money, for sure!) :)

Hoping to make it three!! said...

Hey i'm delurking to say sorry that you feel so crummy. I had the head cold thing a couple of weeks ago and it stinks! I live in Tulsa and there isn't anyone I know who isn't a little upset over the outcome of the game. Hang in there!

Jeff and Kerry said...

UGH, being sick when you're pregnant SUCKS. I was out of work for two days during the beginning of the 2nd trimester, and I NEVER miss work! I hope you feel better soon! And I'm so sorry about your Sooners, at least they made it to the Championship game!!!!

Rebekah said...

Sorry you feel so bad. Get better soon!