Friday, December 14, 2012

No title

Took a little time off from blogging while my computer issues got sorted out.  It's all good now!

Today started out like any other for us - we went to the gym, grabbed lunch with some friends, then headed to the mall to meet my mom.  It was on my drive there where I learned how truly horrific the shootings in Connecticut were.  To say that I am shocked and devastated is an understatement.  I have been trying to wrap my mind around it, and I can't make any sense of it.  I think we have a defense mechanism as mothers, to not let our brains go to these dark places.  But I did start to wonder, what if?  What if this happened to us?  I am trying not to dwell on it.  And I know that life must go on, we can't live in fear.  But I am so very sad today.  I guess the only thing to take away is that we must cherish the moment and be thankful for what we have.  

I am starting to learn that being a mom is both the greatest blessing and the scariest thing in the world.

My prayers are with the victims' families and friends, their whole community, and for everyone else hurting from this.  And for the children who witnessed such horrific things, and will live with those scars the rest of their lives.  Everything about this is tragic.  I am just sick about it.  

This is all over the place, I know.  I can't even organize my thoughts on this.  But...

In the name of being thankful for what we have and living in the moment - I will post some pictures from Paige's first Christmas program.   It was adorable.  I teared up once but pulled it together quickly.  I am so lucky to get to be a part of this.   Children are such a blessing.  

Walking in - she looked very nervous!



Paige sang exactly zero times.  She spend the whole time goofing off with her friend.  It was cute - and something I would have done as a child for sure : )  At one point, she sneezed and needed a kleenex.  Bless her.



Yes, all the other children were singing about baby Jesus, and Paige and her friend were ringing their bells and dancing.






Proud mom and dad.  We were just grinning ear to ear.  We are so lucky.


My whole family rolled out for the event.  Even my grandfather, Jack!



I love this girl.  She has brought me more joy than she'll ever know (unless she is lucky enough to be a mom someday - then she will know!).







Paiger had a great cheering section!


Then on another note - it finally warmed up enough to go to the park.  Still needed coats, but it was nice to get outside again!






I am thankful for this life, and praying desperately to those in unimaginable amounts of pain.  

No comments: