Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

I'm thankful for the ability to spend gorgeous days outside with my kids. On the 10th anniversary of 9/11 - I'm reminded of all the men and women who sacrificed their lives so that *I* can enjoy the many blessings of life. I was a senior in high school. My mom was flying that morning from Anchorage, AK to OKC. It was several hours before we heard from her. Her plane was grounded in Seattle and she was stuck there for a week. As I type this, I'm thinking - wow, that was a nightmare. But then, how can I say that? She was fine. Got home safe and sound, just one week later. There are thousands who can't say the same thing. So instead, I'm just thankful. And feeling very somber remembering.

David and I took the kids to breakfast this morning, then David took the boys home for a nap and Paige and I hit up the playground.










Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend!

No comments: