Friday, December 16, 2011

Infertility

I have days where I look around me and wonder, why did I get so lucky? Why, after 2 years of struggling, did it take 1 simple round of IVF and I got my beautiful daughter out of it? Why, despite miscarrying her twin at 10 weeks, did I have a textbook, perfect pregnancy with her, deliver her via an uncomplicated C-Section, recovery beautifully, and go on to watch her grow and thrive according to "perfect" plan? And why, when David and I decided we wanted to try for another, did we go back for another simple round of IVF, get pregnant with twins, carry them to term with no complications, and deliver with another uncomplicated C-Section?

There have been times in my life where I think I have known hard times. I think crying on the bathroom floor for 2 years was suffering. It wasn't. That is nothing. I have been blessed with an easy road through infertility. Not only was 2 simple rounds of IVF all it took for me to complete my perfect family, but we never had to worry about financing it. We could have afforded more, but didn't need it.

My heart is literally breaking right now for THOUSANDS of couples who aren't nearly as lucky as me. Countless rounds of IVF, miscarriages, stillbirths, drained bank accounts - leave them with no hope of ever fulfilling their dream of becoming parents.

I know some/most people who read my blog have no clue what that is like. And neither do I. But I can try and imagine, and it is extremely painful for me to even think about.

If you have a few minutes, please click on this link:

Facebook IVF Giveaway Poll

Read about the couples. Read their stories. You WILL stop in your tracks and get down on your knees and thank God for what you have been given. And for those who actually are in these shoes, right now - I am terribly sorry. I am sorry we live in a world where teenagers can get pregnant, abortion is legal, babies are born unwanted...and you haven't been able to have the thing you want most.

If you feel compelled to vote, please vote for Deborah and Jeffrey. She is part of a community that helped me through my "difficult" days of infertility. And a friend of a friend. I want this so badly for them!!

No comments: