Thursday, December 29, 2011

A day in the life...

Haven't done one of these in a while...so I thought I'd give yall a look inside the day in the life of a stay-at-home momma to 3 kids aged 2 and under!

Crawl out of bed at 8 AM (lucky, yes!!) hear Jack stirring. Before I know it, I hear Paige burst into their room proclaiming, "good morning, bubbas!" I get my contacts in and brush my teeth and listen to her climbing into Jack's crib and play peek-a-boo with him, while Braley laughs watching.

Go get them about 8:15, breakfast straight away. Make breakfast - bananas, sausage, cheese, and english muffin for the boys, cheerios and milk, and 1/2 banana for Paige. Clean up kitchen while they eat. Clean them up, set the boys down with some toys in the kitchen, Paige goes upstairs to the playroom.

I walk back to my room and get dressed.

Bring boys upstairs with me, now - for about an hour.

Come downstairs, feed the boys some yogurt, clean diapers, clean faces, in their cribs for a nap.

Sit down to pay bills, turn Barney on for Paige.

Boys wake up, get everyone in the car - go run a few errands (bank, dry cleaners, post office).

Come home, head upstairs for 30 minutes to play.

Come back down, lunch time! Make quesadillas, cut up grapes, blueberries, and goldfish for everyone. Clean up kitchen while they eat. Get everyone cleaned up and in the stroller! Time for the playground! It was gorgeous out.


Take a nice walk and the boys swing and take turns riding down the slide with me. Paige runs around, swings, slides, climbs the rock wall - everyone has fun!

Time to head home around 2 PM for naps. Walk home, new diapers for the boys, Paige goes potty, in beds for nap time! Around 2:30. Praise the Lord!!

I head upstairs and do the elliptical for 30 minutes, clean the playroom, empty the dishwasher, shower, change, sit down for about 30 minutes of TV time. About 4 PM, Jack and Braley wake, so I decide to get all 3 up (Paige won't go to sleep at night if I let her nap too long).

We play in the boys room for almost an hour! Singing, chasing each other, hide and go seek, etc. At 5, we make our way to the kitchen to get dinner going!

It is refrigerator clean-out night! I heat up mac n cheese, green beans, and make a frozen pizza! LOL! Get the kids started eating, and daddy comes in the door at 5:15! Early! What a treat!

After dinner, we get the kids cleaned up and get in the stroller for a walk to my grandparents house. We like to visit them in the evenings.

Come home at 7:15 - bathtime! David does the bath, I lay out towels, jammies, lotion, get the beds ready for the kids, nightlights on, humidifiers full, get water warming to warm the boys milk. Once that is all done and kids are dressed for bed, Paige gets to play games on the iPad while David rocks and feeds one boy and I the other.

Once they are asleep, we bring Paige back and rock and kiss her goodnight! All said and done by 8:30!

David heads to the couch to relax and I hit the pavement for a run!


I ran for an hour - 6.13 miles! Yay, me!!!

I relax in the bath, David comes back, we chat a little, watch the news, and the day is done : )

4 comments:

Abby said...

I'm exhausted just reading that!! And an hour and a half of cardio! no wonder you look amazing!! Impressive!

Anonymous said...

I am totally impressed and you are my new role model for 2012! I also have a 2yr old boy and 7 month old twins (boy/girl) and you have just shown me that it is possible to do sooo many things even with 3 little ones! The one question I have for you is how do you manage to get the three of them to nap at the same time? We get that once in a while but not consistently.. usually two are napping and one is up....

Jenny said...

Can I ask where you got your watch? Could you provide a link? I need one for running!

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for a good running watch - what kind is that? Looks awesome!