Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

David was feeling pretty crummy all day, but was able to rally and join us at my folks for a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner.  My brother and his wife had 2 dinners with her family to go to, and my grandparents went down to Austin to visit my cousin who goes to UT - so, it was just my family and my mom and dad.  It was wonderfully low-key!  We ate, ate, ate, watched football, ate some more, then came home, put the kids down, and ate just a little more.  Perfect day : )

My purpose in life...



Oh so much to be thankful for.


My mom's pretty table for dinner:






And the kids' table!


The boys are the best of friends, I am so grateful they have each other.





I love this beautiful boy!


And the cutest little trouble maker : )



Poor Paige.  She ate WAY too much.  Girlfriend loves mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, and, like most Americans on this day, over did it.  She threw up in her bed around 1:30 in the morning.  I got her cleaned up, new jammies, and let her sleep in our bed.   Then she threw up in our bed about 10 minutes later.  I gave her a bath, changed our sheets, and she was feeling so much better.  Just a little weak.  Poor little love, all that food didn't sit well in her stomach at all.  We let her stay with us, just in case, and we all fell back asleep by 3.  Our king size bed feels very small when there is a certain little 3 year old with us.  But we all got good sleep, and she was 100% her normal self when she woke up.   A part of me wondered if she had some kind of bug because David wasn't feeling well either - but the fact that she got sick then felt better right away leads me to believe it was just the strong food.








We had a lovely day today as well, which ended with pizza and brownies with our neighbors.

And tomorrow David and I are headed to Normal for OU/OSU.  BOOMER!!!

No comments: