Friday, August 15, 2008

L is for the way I love to obsess about embryos

I was listening to the CD I made before David and I got married in my car today. The one I made to help me decide what songs I wanted played at our reception. We had a band play - kind of a jazz/big-band type thing. Well we decided on LOVE for our first dance. You know, L is for the way you look at me, O is for the only one I see...
It occured to me then how much our lives have changed. But really, I have just traded obsessions. First, I was obsessed with the wedding. We got married in Maui, and it was beautiful. We had a lovely reception at home a week later. Then, we immediately started building a house. Drapes, furniture, tile, paint...you get the picture. All my energy went in to making this house perfect. And it is. It is amazing and I love coming home here. Well you know how it goes - first marriage, then a home to call your own, then a family. Well the last 18 months have been spent working on that last one. And yes, you could say that I am obsessed.

Our transfer is today! Yes, it is 4 AM and I can't sleep. Surprised? We go in at 12:20 for our 12:30 transfer. I need a full bladder. We will put 1 8-celled grade A, and 1 8-celled grade B+. Not bad. Actually, pretty good. Then my mom is taking me home for 24 hours of strict bed rest. I am a bridesmaid in a wedding on Saturday, but I will just take it easy. All will be fine. Beta (quantitative pregnancy test) is the 29th. After the craziness of this cycle, it really does look like I will make it out alive. Hopefully with a baby, but if not, I know I will survive.

No comments: