Friday, June 18, 2010

A post all about Paige

I wanted to do a big update post on my bug. For one, my memory is shot right now. I can't remember the simplest details. I lose my wallet, keys, phone, remote, glasses, etc. I want to remember what Paige was doing when she was 14 months old.

WALKING! Yes, I said walking. Wait - well...kind of walking. She has taken 8 steps at once several times. She is doing very well. Any day now it will be official. I am so proud of my little bug!

Her favorite activity: swimming. She loves the pool! And looks adorable doing it. She loves being outside in general...playing at the park, in the backyard, and in her shamoo pool. We even drag the high chair outside and enjoy our lunch on the patio.


She toddles around on the deck and loves to crawl up and down the steps leading into the pool.
Favorite food: Waffles. Sometimes she won't eat dinner, and I give in a stick an Eggo (blueberry) in the toaster. She, of course, will gobble that right up.

Close to her love of waffles: grilled cheese, mac n cheese, turkey, peas, corn, blueberries, grapes, blackberries, goldfish, and anything for dessert. When David or I eat ice cream, she paws at our legs and begs like a dog. It is adorable, but kind of annoying : ) She got the signature Griffith sweet tooth!

Her sleep habits: change daily. It really does depend on what we are doing. Today, she woke at 7:45, napped in the car after the gym from 10:15 to 10:45. Napped in her crib from 2:45 to 5, then down for the night at 8:30. She is a dream come true in every department, including the sleep one! I sure hope we don't pay for it with the boys.

She is so happy when she wakes up and we come get her from her crib. My most precious memories from this time are happening right here in the nursery. When she gets up from her nap, I go and get here, keep the lights out and fan on, and just sit in the glider and snuggle with her. This can EASLIY go on for 25 minutes. It is pure bliss for me and I cherish every single second. David does it on the weekends and totally agrees how awesome it is to have our girl lay on your chest and bury her head into your shoulder.

Paige - you are wonderful. There is nothing about your presence in our lives that is less than everything we could have ever wanted.

1 comment:

Lindsey B said...

You need to post video of Paige walking!!

And, I am hoping we get lucky like you in the sleep department!!