Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What does a firecracker say?

We went to a BBQ with some friends yesterday evening. There were lots of kiddos running around! Paige was in heaven with all these big girls.



We have been going to lots of BBQs lately and had a few birthday parties. Paige's new favorite thing to say is, "I want to go to a party!" She has been loving all the fun summer get-togethers. Next up - tailgates : )


We walked to the fireworks at Oaktree. David and I went into this knowing full well that we would be leaving right away and consoling a scared little girl.








We could not have been more wrong!

(Please excuse the look of a sweaty and hot mom. It cooled off to about 98 by the time the show started. SHM.)

She LOVED them! She has not stopped talking about the firecrackers.

When I walked her into school this morning, her teacher said her usual, "Hi, Paige! How was your weekend?" Her response - "What does a firecracker say?"

With all the fun parties, getting to stay up late, and fireworks, it is safe to say that the 4th of July is Paige's favorite holiday.

The boys and I need to go to the grocery store today. However, I am scared to leave my streaming Fox.News coverage. I don't want to miss the live reading of the Casey.Anthony verdict! I have gotten sucked into this trial like you wouldn't believe.

No comments: