Monday, August 8, 2011

6 days post surgery - warning - pictures...

These aren't graphic, but do show how violent abdominoplasty is! So don't keep reading if you don't want to see!




6 days post surgery, and I am feeling pretty good. I still have to set my alarm for 4 AM so I can take my pain pills. If I go too long in the same position with no pills, I am in too much pain when I wake up. Other than that, I am starting to feel human again.

The swelling is awful. And what is worse, one side is more swollen than the other. I have an appointment on Thursday, so I plan to ask him about that then. Still thinking drains will stay in at least another week. I am still draining quite a bit of fluid.



I'm alone with the kids today, and doing fine! Thank goodness!!

5 comments:

jenhill17 said...

wow you look great! hope you are feeling better? are you picking up the boys?

xadielane@gmail.com said...

Congrats! I was going to ask the same thing! I'm having a tummy tuck next week and I have 3 kids under 3. Are you able to pick them up, etc? :)
Thanks!
Melissa

nikinikinine said...

you look great mama. I just sat in my closet and cried because our Today Show thing is filming this week and my big leftover baby belly is keeping me from feeling pretty. I can't wait to be rid of the remnants of this pregnancy. Off to go buy a flowy shirt...xoxo

Megan and David said...

Technically, I am not supposed to be lifting anything. But I am lifting the boys with no problems. I only hold them when I am sitting down, but I do pick them up when we are moving locations.

jenhill17 said...

HI Megan, I tried emailing you at the email you listed for me but it never went through? Do you have a different email address I can use? I'm doing great 6 days PO, just had a few questions for you. or you can email me, does my email come up w/ my comment?

Thanks

Jen